Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Review: Chic and Simple Sewing

Let me just get this off my chest right now...I love this book!  ~

Chic & Simple Sewing: Skirts, Dresses, Tops, and Jackets for the Modern Seamstress

Chic & Simple Sewing (Potter Books) is full of exactly that...chic and simple patterns for all levels.  There's a nice variety of pieces to choose from and there are patterns for 23 projects included.


There are projects for every season.

haynes_the_jacket.jpg

And for different sewing levels.

haynes_sunday_dress.jpg

Christina Haynes  released this book in 2009 but it's still as up to date and on trend now as it was then.


Reviews on amazon.ca say that others found the patterns ill fitting.  So far, I've not had that same difficulty.  The shapes are fairly simple so they're easy to alter if you need to.  I think as long as you measure first it shouldn't be a problem.

I made a cute babydoll dress from the book:




So cute I think!

This is an excellent book for upper beginners to use to get into garment sewing.  If you have this book or have tried any of the patterns leave a comment below and let me know what you think of it.

Don't forget to enter the Thank you giveaway before Saturday, May 14th~
Happy sewing everyone!

1 comment:

WobiSobi said...

So cute Tamara I love that shirt with the big belt
!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...