Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Show and Tell: Floral Tunic

I was in the mood for a long sleeve top recently so I whipped this up.

Home sewing, floral tunic, DIY, crafting, Simplicity sewing patterns, pattern review

I used this Simplicity pattern.


I really love the fit of this pattern.  I always like tunics but half the time don't end up wearing them because they end up feeling a little dowdy on me, but this one works.

I used a polyester fabric that is quite light and drapes really nicely.


It's a fairly simple silhouette but there are some lovely details like the pintucking and the modified bishops sleeves.

DIY, crafting, polymer clay jewellery, handmade jewellery, fimo jewellery, sculpey jewellery, floral cabochon
I'm also showing off some pieces from my new jewellery collection that I'm working on~

I like it so much I just might make it again!

9 comments:

Gen said...

That's a gorgeous top! I'm jealous! One of these days I'll hide in a closet and try my hand at a simple sewing pattern just to see what happens...
Ah to have your talent!
And your jewlery, how exciting is that?!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute tops, love the rose pendant, perfect for this dress!

Abby said...

Very pretty! Thats great fabric you chose

AnnaPK said...

That top is great! I love the look of tunic but I am never sure if they will look right on me. The one you made would be pretty on any figure.

Catherine said...

That is one great top! You are amazing. Have you ever thought of posting a series on sewing basics? I can't even sew a straight line, although it never stops me from trying!!

megan {homemade ginger} said...

super fun top!!

Shiloh said...

I love the pintucks and the collar.:) Looks so nice!

Unknown said...

That looks gorgeous on you! The package makes it look kind of icky but you made it look beautiful! Great job!

Have you linked up with Creative Me Monday? It's open all week long and I'd love to have you! You can link up as many projects as you'd like! The link is:

http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/11/creative-me-monday.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

Tunics are my favorite type of top. I love the pintucks. Good work :-)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...