Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Candy Apples

One of the only reasons I go to the fair when it's in town in the summer is so that I can buy a candy apple.  Yummmmmmmm!  One of my favourite things.

This year I didn't go to the fair though.  So, I decided to make my own!

I have two beautiful trees in my backyard that I used to think were crab-apple trees but now they produce lovely big sweet apples.


I used this recipe and played around with colours a bit.

And then tried some different toppings on the bottoms~


Considering how little time I spend in the kitchen doing stuff like this, they turned out amazingly well.  It may be awhile before I have to return to the fair...although there's always the bingo tent calling my name~

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'll bet my kids would love these--I've always preferred caramel over candied--but these are cute!

Cranberry Morning said...

These are so much more fun than the plain ole caramel apple! Cute!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

They came out amazing! I have apple trees can't wait till their ripe!

Sarah Leonard said...

These look so lovely! And so colourful too. I'll have to make some I think.

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

Katie said...

I love that they're not just red!

Katie
www.redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Cool, crazy candy apples. So very colorful, and temping to eat right off the screen. A nice change of pace for the plain old ones. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

Jill said...

Ooh my kids would LOVE these!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...